April 27, 2012

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #92

Hello and a happy Feature§&Follow friday everyone!
Today's question is:
Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.


My answer:
Kind of. The character I was disappointed with was Princess Mia Thermopolis from Meg Cabot's "Princess Diaries" - series. I remember adoring and admiring her throughout the whole series, finding so many similarities between her and me. She was the one that first showed me that most teens consider themselves freaks and that it's normal to act like a lunatic at times, but also how important it is to have an opinion, to stand up for it even when it's tough and to fight for the things you truly believe in. Mia Thermopolis was my role model. Until the last book came out. 

Yes, I'm talking about the one where she stopped being a whole-hearted vegetarian, started being friends with what I considered the mean girls at the time and got her nails painted. She used a fancy phone, didn't talk to her former best friend (a highschool - genius) anymore. 
I hated her. From the bottom of my heart I could not understand her. 
I think I was about thirteen or fourteen at the time and I tried my best to delete the memory of Mia in the last book from my mind. 

Then some things happened in my life. If you're older than fourteen you probably know what comes next:
I made some new friends, joined some new clubs, developed some new interests and all of a sudden the final installment of TPD didn't seem that unrealistic to me anymore. I actually started liking it, I got  it. Mia just grew up. And a few years after her, I did, too.

So that's my answer. I was disappointed in her but then again, I wasn't. By the way, this also is the reason I almost always reread a book even if I wasn't such a big fan at first - you just never know if life would make you like the story the next time you pick it up :)

11 comments:

  1. Have not read Princess Diaries series but then again I'm not a princess type gal. When you pick up another book from a series you love it breaks your heart when you end up not liking it! Or the character for that point! New GFC Follower
    Krista
    http://bookreviewclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad I came to like it later! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  2. You're from brazil, too? nice!

    I'm a new gfc follower. :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/ff-feature-and-follow-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, no-actually I'm from Germany :) but thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Great answer! I've heard of this series, but I've never read it. Maybe I'll read it sometime soon. :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually getting a little old, but I still love this series! It's just so funny!

      Delete
  4. I love your answer! I have not read the entire series. I adored the movie however. I am a bit let down to know she kinda sold out. I know growing up changes ppl. I am a bit interested to read this series now.
    New follower :)
    *My FF*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have to read the series! I saw the movie before I read the books, too and I was so surprised how different the books are! They're hilarious while I find the movie rather cheesy now...

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to read The Princess Diaries!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Tara @ Shhh... Not While I'm Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only recommend it! Every single book in the serious is just a light, fun read!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...