October 18, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #119

Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

Wow, good question! Let's see. First of all, I should probably define my "usual genre". I love contemporary! So that's what I read a lot of. I do love fantasy, as well, but with all the new releases (that aren't fantasy) I haven't been reading much of that. Then there's dystopia which I'm not obsessed with but seem to be reading all the time because there's just. so. much. of. that. I think the genre that's not my usual is historical fiction. I love it, but I don't read it that often anymore. Which is why I can't really pick favorites as I read most historical fiction books before I started reading mainly in English :D I'd like to ask you guys, though. Any suggestions for good historical fiction or fantasy books?

5 comments:

  1. I used to read historical fiction all the time but like you said, what's out there right now is mostly dystopia.

    New Follower
    Vonnie's Reading Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer, there really are a lot of dystopian books out right now. Historical fiction is one of my faves. I'm really in love with Kate Quinn's Rome series, if you haven't checked that out. Definitely recommended if you're into the whole Roman Empire and revenge thing, lol. Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC. :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I like reading a few dystopians, which I forgot to mention but it's because there are not many. The few that I have read have even had some paranormal in them! I love my paranormal books too much to read something without something that's paranormal!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I love contemporary. By the way, do you read Bewitched Bookworms? Danny of Bewitched Bookworms is from Munich. I went to visit her and her husband in August.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mostly read young adult novels, particularly paranormal.
    New follow via GFC.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...