November 30, 2012

My Momentous Month


This is a monthly meme hosted by the Downright Dystopian blog and I decided to participate because I think it's a bit different from your regular Wrap-Up and TBR - so let's see if you like it as much as I do!


Books Read in November 2012
Beastly by Aley Flinn
Crossed by Ally Condie
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

This doesn't look like a lot, I know, but I've actually also read four German books - only one of them was by a German author, though, so here are the US versions of the books I read in German (...uh...sorry if I'm confusing you :))

Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Starters by Lissa Price
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

Reviews Posted in November 2012
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard
Defiance by C.J Redwine
Eve by Anna Carey
The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling
Enclave by Ann Aguire
Heartless by Sara Shepard

To Be Read for December  2012
This month, I'm going to try to finish my Goodreads challenge (14 more books to go) so I'm going to be pretty spontaneous about the books I choose. Anyway, these are very likely to be on my list this month:

Finish Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus (I know. I know. Don't. Judge. Me.)
Finish Dear Bully (anthology)
Finish Beautiful Redemption (I'm on it right now)
Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson (German)
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Reached by Ally Condie

Favorite Book of the Month
That's tough this month...it's between Crossed and Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life. But I think I'll pick Jeremy Fink - that book impressed me quite a LOT!!!

Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian Crossed by Ally Condie
Paranormal Romance Beastly by Alex Flinn
Contemporary Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Steampunk N/A
Historical Fiction I have read Code Name Verity but...I wasn't obsessed with it...so none...
Fantasy N/A

Favorite Cover of the Month

Code Name Verity

The girl with the flower is super pretty and then there are the planes and the fire and the shades of grey...really love it!

Favorite Characters of the Month
Hehe, Jeremy and Lizzy from the Wendy Mass book. They are the coolest tweens I've ever read about, both totally unique, smart, witty and they had great chemistry!

Favorite Setting/World of the Month
I'd say the one from Under the Never Sky. Not really because of the surroundings but because of the cool technology like the Smarteyes and the Realms..that was pretty darn cool! :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good month. I loved the setting in Under the Never Sky, the Smarteyes sound so cool! I hope to read Reached this month too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The setting is awesome, isn't it? I don't think I've ever gotten so excited about the technology in a dystopian book...the Smarteyes are like cellphones in your eyes... :D

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...