December 17, 2012

Top Ten Books I read in 2012 - The Final Countdown!!



Ahhh, the dreaded topic again. Usually I hate talking about any kinds of favorites. This time, though, it wasn't even that hard....some books just stood out!

Top Ten Books I Read In 2012

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
This was one contemporary read that I could totally relate to. The main character's situation was very similar to mine and then she starts her new job and meets all those great people and you see her blossom and that is just wonderful!
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I don't even know why I enjoyed this book so much but a one point in the middle of the book I noticed that I...just did :)
Partials by Dan Wells
I just felt so cool reading this one - I could live out my inner geek with this novel all about the end of humanity and such. Oh, and I can't forget how epic this story was!!! Can't wait for Fragments!
Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
Just fun. Nothing but pure wit. This one made me laugh so much that literally my stomach hurt - during a time in my life when all I felt like doing was cry all day long!
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
A beautiful love story with the greatest characters I've read about in...a while!
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins
Very sad, very heavy, very deep. But so, so true!
Dear Bully (Anthology)
See above. But also add: empowering, inspiring, life-changing...All these stories not only make you stronger facing whatever you have to face but they also encourage you to try to be the best person you can be.
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Probably the most different and unique dystopia I've read this year - and a great heroine, too!
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
The first book in the whole series that I devoured. Devoured, people!
Starters by Lissa Price
This probably was the biggest surprise of the whole year. Epic, suspenseful and action packed and a pretty new take on dystopia...

6 comments:

  1. I've read Delirium & CoLS :) Liked both! I also have Starters, Partials, Pushing the Limits, & I believe I have the one by Sarah Dessen. Don't know when I'll get to these though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me forever to read Starters, too! It was on our library's shelf for ages and then, finally,at one point, I checked it out, rad it and it was amazing! But still, I find it frustrating that I have so many books on my shelves and have to wait so long to read 'em :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet, but several are on my to-buy list! I need to get busy lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking every time I see one of these Top 2012 books list these days...there are still so many books I want to read - the worst are those series that seem to be epic but that I just don't have the time for :/

      Delete
  3. Awesome list!!! LOVE Delirium, Deadly Cool, and Pushing the Limits! I haven't read the rest, but I did read Sarah Dessen's Along For the Ride - amazing! The Truth About Forever is sitting on my shelf waiting on me to get to it - along with City of Bones... Yeah, it's pretty sad that I haven't started that series yet. :/

    Just added Zevin's book to my wish list! :)

    Happy New Year!!!!
    ~Gin @Addicted to Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havem't read The Infernal Devices yet - that's sad too :) The problem is that there's wayy too many books and I Feel like can never read them all...it's depressing!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...