March 29, 2013

Geeknote!

Happy Friday, y'all!
If you've read my little Blogoversary series, you know I thought about doing Geeknotes again. Basically, for those of you who don't know, these entries will be short updates about things in my life (probably mainly not book - related) that I feel the need to share with you. 

Today, anxiety has brought me here. I probably won't be able to sleep at all tonight, because I'm running my first real and official 10K race tomorrow. 
Well, it's not exactly my first 10K ever, but I've been running consistently for four years now and I've always been afraid of actually participating in a race.That is why the only one I ever ran was a really small event in my village together with a handful (really! a handful) other people. 
You didn't even have to sign up for it and they didn't take your time, either.
Tomorrow is going to be a little different, though. This 10K I'm mainly running because I train for a half marathon in April which I would run away from (literally!) kicking and screaming if I didn't experience at least one real race before.
So, all this basically means that tomorrow really doesn't matter and I shouldn't worry about it. Except, I do. Now, my question for you is, do you run, too? If so, do you have any tips for the race (or preparation)? What do I have to take with me? (Trust me, I will forget my ID, or running shoes...)
Or do you do other sports? I'm curious :)


1 comment:

  1. Good luck - I'm sure you'll do great! I used to run a couple times a month or just when I felt like it really but I haven't really ran properly in ages! The furthest I think I've ran was 5 miles so I'm no where near as fit as you, haha! So all I can really say is keep yourself hydrated and breathe deeply, hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...