April 18, 2013

Mini Review: Wanted by Sara Shepard

Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)

There's just something about Shepard's series that makes me pick them up again and again even if I promise myself that I won't. Practically, plot-wise it's the same thing every time. It's creepy, there are a ton of questions, murder suspects and dangerous noises,voices and notes. On top of that, topical pop culture references, designer brands, lip gloss, bitchy high school girls and cute guys with definite boyfriend material.
Frankly, I dreaded the start of Wanted. I was fed up with the Pretty Little Liars series and the never ending mystery and at the beginning I was seriously thinking about just putting it back on the shelf and leave it there for good. 
Then, something happened. And I couldn't help it, I had to continue. I had to race through the book to find out how things would turn out and I'm telling you, the ending was EPIC. And there wasn't even a real cliffhanger...
But I'm getting ahead of myself. Before I start raving, I wanted to quickly continue my rant where I will state that I want Kate and her court to go wherever I won't have to see them again. I hate their constant bullying. I even think that was one of the main aspects that made me turn away from the series. Hanna is not any better, though. She, too, craves "power" and "fame" in her school so much that it's not only weird, it's completely ridiculous. I even skimmed some of Hanna's chapters because I couldn't stand her whining anymore.
Anyway, Sara Shepard surprised me at the end and what she turned this series into really deserves some attention which leaves me with nothing more to say then: give these books a chance if you haven't already. Especially in the spring and summer time, they are the perfect mix of light chick lit pop culture goodness and creepy mystery to keep you on the edge of your seat :)

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this series, but I still need to continue on :) I'm on like book 10 I think, ruthless. So glad you're enjoying the stories :)

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you still enjoy this series! I had my doubts if I should stop after book eight, because the ending was so satisfying, but now I guess I'm gonna Keep reading :) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel. I absolutely hate these books, but I HAVE to read them. I just really feel the need to. Dammit. I really enjoyed this book as well, but I really, really dislike that she made more books after this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! After having read this one, I just have no idea how the story could go on without appearing extremely forced and unrealistic. Then again, I'm way too curious to let it pass, so I guess, I'll read at least book nine sooner or later :)

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...