July 25, 2013

2013 Bucket List Update

A few weeks back I saw a post over at I Solemnly Swear about the goals almost all of us made at the beginning of the year - and where they are now. I have to say, I didn't even remember most of them and now I seriously have to catch up! (Then again, that I did know before!)

1) Read 120 books.
I've mentioned more than enough that I'm failing terribly. I'm currently 8/9 books behind and I'm sure that if I don't get back on track this summer, I won't make my goal for the year, because the fall and winter time is going to be really stressful!

2) Read at least 12 books featuring paranormal creatures.
The Rules by Stacey Kade
Blue Moon/Shadowland by Alyson Noel
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Enticed by Jessica Shirvington
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Vortex/Tempest by Julie Cross
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Clockwork Angel/Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Ink by Amanda Sun

That's eleven and I didn't even count several books in series! That means that I only have to read 1more paranormal book in 2013...at least one goal is working out here :)

3) Finish open series.
Mehhh...this one didn't go all that well. I made some proress on the series I started, but...you know..
Mached Trilogy by Ally Condie (finished!)
Tempest Trilogy by Julie Cross (on track)
Under the Never Sky by Veronika Rossi (on track)
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (on track)
The Selection Trilogy by Kiera Cass (on track)
The Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick (on track)
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard ( 4/5 behind)
Belles by Jen Calonita (2 behind)
Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington (1 behind)
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (3 behind)
Pandemonium Trilogy (1 behind)
Shiver Trilogy (2 behind)
 
4) Don't buy books only because of the hype.Defiance *cough*
I really didn't go overboard with this one. I barely bought any books - and only a few hyped up new releases. Instead, I'm being a good girl, reading what's on my shelf and only choosing stories I'm genuinely interested in.

5) Stay away from dystopias if they don't sound really, really, really amazing and different. Oh, and if their title is not Fragments or Requiem.

This is pretty much the same as no.4. I have to say, though, that I still haven't read either Requiem or Fragments :) And the dystopians I did pick were really, really good!

6) Actually read Pandemonium. Because, you know, there is no such thing as the right time to read a book.
Yup, have actually read that one a while ago.

7) Read at least twelve debut novels.
I am FAILING! Big time. Plan on making it up with audiobooks, though. Isn't going too well, either.

8) Include some classics. Just..do it.
Nope. Hasn't happened. I'm determined to read The Great Gatsby, though.

9) Come back to Fantasy reads and Historical Fiction, because those have always been my favorite genres.
This one was difficult. I did look out for these genres, but it's pretty hard finding good historical fiction or fantasy...suggestions?

10) Dogear books. Because I hate that all my books look like they come straight from the store and have never been touched after that :)
As if, my dear readers. As if. Stopped after book two, because it looks TERRIBLE. And it hurts my bookish heart.

6 comments:

  1. I think you are doing really well dear. Keeping going ,you can do it!

    #10 had me going what?! Why? I'd rather my books look brand new ;). Bookmarks, though they are easily lost, are your book's best friend. That and book covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It physically hurts to see a dogeared page! My mom does it all the time and I always feel like crying :)

      Delete
  2. Great bucketlist! Haha know what you mean about books all about the hype. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it's so hard not to buy all the books everyone loves! But I managed...oh yes, I'm strong :D Won't get tempted by all that hype, oh nooo!

      Delete
  3. Cool challenge. I am trying to put together my progress but it'll probably take a month just to figure out everything since I haven't been keeping very good track. Eh. Good fantasy/Historical fiction? Well, I read both those genres. Lately not so much histfic I have The Caged Graves. And Lady of the Rivers by Philippa gregory waiting on my shelf. As for fantasy-- do you read The Percy Jackson Series? I just read The Lost Hero (finished Percy Jackson) and loved it! >.<

    Hope you're well!

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Philippa Gregory's books must be amazing! People at my library praise her all the time! Thing is, her books are huge! Like...page - wise! Her fingers have to fall off after all those words she already typed! Anyway, I didn't like Percy Jackson when I first started reading, but everyone loves it, so I guess I should try again, right?

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...