July 02, 2013

So...You guys scare me! The Top Ten Most Intimidating Books I've ever read





Books that are scary because of their length:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief


The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)


Reached by Ally Condie
Reached (Matched, #3)

Partials by Dan Wells

Partials (Partials, #1)

The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling

The Casual Vacancy


And the ones that have pretty heavy duty content that sometimes I just don't think I can handle:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner

This is one of the few Adult books that I read - and it did make me cry.

Perfect by Ellen Hopkins

Perfect (Impulse, #2)

Be prepared - I guess every Hopkins book will weigh you down. But then again, she also manages to save you from yourself. If needed.

Tempest by Julie Cross
Tempest (Tempest, #1)

This one is not particularly said, it's just complicated. Time travel almost always results in my brain knotting itself into weird twists!



6 comments:

  1. VA is absolutely worth reading. I was skeptical about it myself but i ADORED the books, even when I was against vampire books. I am not regretting it at all - one of the best books I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I'm actually halfway through the VA series - but the later books really go up in length and right now, I doubt I'd be able to get into it - although the series is so amazing!

      Delete
  2. Scary due to length - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and The Diviners by Libba Bray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!!! REad BEautiful Creatures and adored the series - but I'm still shying away from The Diviners - also, because I have yet to find a Libba Bray book I really like

      Delete
  3. Good list, I love The Book Thief and Perfect in all honestly neither of those books felt that long because they were so good and Perfect is written in poetry which makes the books a lot shorter than their page count will have you believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part of me wants to read Casual Vacancy, but after reading so many dismal reviews, I think I'll probably continue to put it off. Great list! Thanks for stopping by mine!
    -Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...