July 05, 2013

Summer Lovin' Readathon - Wait-it's Friday already?



Today's theme is Book Shimmies. Basically, everyone else shares how they're doing with their reading. How far have they gotten, how tiny are their TBR piles?
I think I'm going to spend the day hiding in a dark room where noone can see my blushing face.
Because, after successfully finishing The Year of the Great Seventh on Tuesday (or Wednesday?), I started Ashes and...am halfway through. That's right, I had 2 (or 3?) days with nothing to do and I chose to read a solid 250 pages. My laziness reached new - unbelievable - levels.
I won't even go into all the excuses I could come up with - which basically revolve around The Sims 3 and 2 Broke Girls (seriously, that show? Uh-mazing!!!)
I will just vow to get some decent reading done these last few days. 

FRIDAY - read at least four hours 
SATURDAY - read at least 1.5 hours (work)
SUNDAY - read all day until 5PM (except for library time from 10AM to 1PM)

This way, I will hopefully finish Ashes before the weekend, then start either Hourglass or Shadows on Saturday, finish either one on Sunday and start with the one of them that's left. If that made any sense.
Should be doable, right? RIGHT?


4 comments:

  1. I can understand! I have lazy days too! I also get like that when I feel stuck reading a book I am not enjoying. Tv likes to get in the way too! LOL. Good luck! I hope you can read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, that helped already :) Finished Ashes today and it was amazing and now I'm SO inspired again to read again :D

      Delete
  2. If I had the Sims 3 and 2 Broke Girls, I would be very much distracted too. Haha! I love those. Anyway, good luck with the rest of your goals. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The bad thing is, I can play The Sims and watch TV at the same time - and it just never gets boring!!! Such a bad combo!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...