November 02, 2013

October Wrap Up and November TBR

Books I finished in October:


Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)

The review for this one is already up on the blog and I was really, heavily disappointed by it. I know a lot of people love ALL of Forman's novels but this one was not for me. 

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnsson

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)

I listened to the audiobook and I liked it for two reasons. One, it was a good book. Two, I read it at the exact perfect time in my life. I recommend it especially if you're looking for a gloomy fall read!

Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood

Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #2)

Highlight of the month! Year, even! This trilogy is so amazingly good yet SO underestimated. If you haven't started reading these books, do so now. They have everything you could ever want in YA!

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

Not bad at all, but a bit too long for my taste. I preferred the first three books and really hope the next ones are going to be a bit faster paced and more dense in the plot again! Still a good read :)

Monthly review:


I still find it incredibly difficult to find time for reading! There are so many other things that I love (or have) to do. If a book is really good, like Star Cursed or Allegiant, I will totally make time for reading, but if I am just trying to finish and am not actually invested in the novel, it takes me ages to even read a couple of pages further. And yes, I have thought about DNF - ing, but...you know... Haha, I'm way too OCD to do that!


On to the books I want to finish in November


Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
The Beautiful and the Cursed by
Pantomime by Laura Lam
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Wild Cards by Simone Elkeless
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you finished some great books last month. Great goals for this month and totally know what you mean. If I'm not feeling the book it can take me forever to finish.

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...