January 13, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 - Done, Done and ... Almost Done!

This was an amazing Read-a-Thon, that's for sure!! Not only reading - wise, but also blogging and fun-wise, I had a really good time and it was an awesome start for the New Year!!

If you can recall, my goals were...this: 


  •  comment on at least 10 blogs a day, start following a lot of them and just in general be very active in the community (includes Twitter, Goodreads, ...)

--> I did actually do this until about Friday. Then I switched over to just commenting more on the new blogs I discovered. These are the new ones I've "found" and that I'm super excited to follow: 


I think Bout of Books is such a great way to find new blogs to follow and bloggers to talk to, so that was - like always - my favorite part! 
  • participate in two out of three Twitter Chats
Only managed to participate in one!! I really, really needed to study that one day :( 
  • participate in every Challenge, every day 
Managed to keep this up until Friday (I think). Then, I stopped because term started again (today!) and there is SO much work to do! 


Read at least 5 books: 

Splintered (Splintered, #1)Enders (Starters, #2)Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)



It went really well! I started into the week with a book a day which is a goal I ALWAYS tried to achieve in past Read-a-Thons. I started An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - and that is where my a book a day mania stopped. I couldn't get into it at all and had to rethink my strategy :) 
In the end, I read 5 books,1521 pages and listened about 4 hours into Splintered (which is huuuge for me!!) 


Let me know how your Bout of Books went! Which new blogs did you find? How many books did you read? Did you find yourself slacking throughout the middle?

1 comment:

  1. You did amazing! I read a John Green book this week, too.

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...